Sunday, November 05, 2006

I Want Candy

Things I love right now, at this very moment:
  • The Marie Antoinette soundtrack. Disc 1 is fun, decadent, sumptuous early 80's New Romantic music (the Cure, Bow Wow Wow, Siouxie, etc.); Disc 2 is the slower, more melancholy music Coppola used for the film, like Air, Squarepusher, and Aphex Twin. I love it so much, I even made my own unofficial Disc 3. See me for more details.
  • The Art Lover by Carole Maso. It's a novel about grief, art, love, being a girl, astronomy, New York...I'm savoring it like The Thin Place. That one was a tough act to follow, so I'm glad I picked this one up at The Strand in New York when I did. It is very stream-of-consciousness without being frustrating. I love writers who have truly mastered language. Mostly because almost none have.
  • Lipton's new cranberry pomegranate green tea. I'm an admitted tea snob (although I'm hard pressed to find a Lipton product I don't like), so when my mom gave me this, I was dubious. It's wonderful, though.
  • Staples composition books. Yeah, yeah, I love my computer, and put most of my life into it, but something keeps me coming back to Staples composition books. They smell good and feel good in the hand. Not to mention the fact that the writer in me still has a close-to-indecent fetish for office supplies.
  • Jane Austen. It's that time of year again - I read 2 Jane Austen novels every winter. I'm starting out with Mansfield Park this time. After that, I might get really wacky and go for Persuasion. She is the perfect writer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home