Monday, August 28, 2006

Hello, it's Me (I've thought about us for a long, long time)

I know, ok? I know. It's been a while. So when did summer become the busiest time of year? Aren't you supposed to be sipping lemonade at Grandma's on the front porch, or having 2-week long whirlwind romances at summer camp, except you break up with him before time to go home so your real, long-term friends don't find out that you went out with a guy who wasn't that cute? And then he wants to stay together throughout the entire school year, too, and you know that's not possible b/c you're going back to school and you'll be seeing your REAL crush again, and you hope he notices your tan and new bang-less haircut?
Ahem. Sorry.
So what has Absinthe been doing? Boring stuff, mostly. A big jewelry sale that loomed over my existence for a few weeks is finally over, so that's great. I am not going to look at another bead or finding again for at least a month. I am way behind on my reading, and Netflix movies have been laying around for an awfully long time lately.
I took on a second (FUN) contracting job (not fulltime, thank goodness), and that's been taking up time as well, but in a good way. It's a project that deals with helping students and teachers find information on the web, so it's a neat thing to be involved in.
The douchebags at my 8-5 job are douchbaggier than ever, plus no one is sure how much longer my job is going to last, so I'm currently involved in a full-scale jobhunt. More information on that story as it unfolds...
It was one of those cleaning and laundry weekends, so nothing new to report there. I think I"m going to quit while I'm almost ahead and skip out of here...
Spanks for listening (reading?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home