Friday, August 11, 2006

He came home from the war with a party in his head...

It just never gets old, people...
I'm sure you can overhear funny crap anywhere you go, but New York has so many more ppl than most places - you're bound to hear something pants-peeingly funny somewhere. Spellchecker is SO not going to like "pants-peeingly," btw.
More on Tom Waits:
The Atlanta show (first one of this mini-tour) was spectacular. He played 2 encores. He was a lot friendlier than I expected, but he still has that "edge."
The Nashville show was almost as good - he only played 1 encore there, though, and was a little grumpier (see previous post). He played the guitar, sat down at the piano for a while, sang into his usual 50's-looking mike... I believe his son was the drummer. That show was the first time I've ever thought to myself, "My, what a talented Xylophone player." He seemed really happy to be back onstage, and told a little pun/anecdote about meeting a guy named "Dolittle" at the unemployment office. I would have taken a pic, but a)I hadn't figured out my new phone's camera yet, and b)I saw a guy get screamed at by scary-looking Ryman Auditorium staff who took pics with his Sidekick.
Countdown to weekend is officially over - I'm leaving. I can't help these people anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home