Tuesday, October 10, 2006

he could make that string hum like it was 1989

I know. It's been a long, long, long time. But life (specifically, living it), the universe, and everything has kept me out of the blogosphere for a month or so. However, that time wasn't wasted, my friends. I have now seen the face of God, I can wrap both legs around my neck, and all my chakras are aligned.
Kidding.
I've been enjoying having time off, doing work for which I can set my own hours, and slowly morphing into a desperate housewife - it's a slippery, slippery slope, my friends. However, since I'm not a wife, I don't live in a house (not the entire house, at least - just an upstairs apartment), and I'm not particularly desperate, I think I'll come out unscathed. The website work I'm doing right now is fun, creatively challenging (!!!!), and it's a project I believe in.
M. Ward was a fantastic show. We were all a little put off by the "don't even THINK about taking any kind of picture" (not really, but you get what I mean) signs they brought out before Matt came out to play, but he totally won me over. Halfway through the first song he sang, it registered that the amazing, gravelly, sexy, purring voice I'd been listening to for a year was coming out of this tiny little guy with a baseball hat and jew-fro. I had a half-grin on my face for most of the show - it was that good.
Ladytron just plain rocked my face off. They didn't look or sound anything like I thought they would in a live setting. People are often down on electronic music because it isn't very emotional, but Ladytron proved that wrong from the first song. The lead singer (still don't know any of their names) sang her heart out - she was a complete rock star, from her powerful-but-girly voice to her demure black disco librarian dress (I think it was by Chloe). They were also incredibly friendly and personable to the crowd, which I always appreciate. Call me overly-mannered, but when you, as a fan, bend over, pull down your pants, and let Ticketmaster have its way with your ass, it's really nice to hear a musician say, "Thanks for coming out tonight."
Other than that, I've been enjoying the near-perfect weather, reading books (more on my new favorite American author, Kathryn Davis, in the next entry), and looking for full time employment. Oh, and I blew a bunch of money on clothes yesterday, after dragging out my "winter clothes" box and finding it only about 1/3 full. Looking back, I think I wore t-shirts and cardigans all last winter. And, if memory serves, I froze my ass off.
Back to work now...
Deep thought, courtesy of an article title on Gawker.com the other day: "A lawyer who represents himself has a douchebag for a client."
I think I'd like to make a book of classic sayings and idioms revamped for modern times, and incorporate the word "douchebag" into all of them. I'd buy it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home