Thursday, December 21, 2006

Uh. Mah. Gaw.

It's unheard of for me to post twice in one day, but I had to share this gem. I found Idolator a cpl of weeks ago (it's a music/music industry website by Gawker Media), and I've kept up with it daily. Today, they post this:

http://www.idolator.com/tunes/mp3/all-we-know-is-this-her-name-was-probably-sheila-and-somebody-wanted-to-sex-her-up-223319.php

Except for the Color Me Bad, I could have made this tape in the 8th grade - way after the heyday of Falco. That was a confession, for those not paying attention. In the early 90's, before the days of 80's nostalgia, I, Absinthe, listened to Falco. But before you judge, ask yourself this: if I were to rifle through your old cassette tape shoeboxes, would I find Great White? White Lion? WINGER? MR. BIG??? OK, then.

Ahem. Sorry. That got ugly. It was, indeed, unlady-like of me to mention your Great White tape - the one you tried to be cool and tape over with Leonard Cohen in the 10th grade, but it didn't really work, so when you listened to it, you heard "I'm Your Man" with just a tinge of "Once Bitten, Twice Shy" in the background (this actually happened to a girl I knew). All I'm saying is, own it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trouble said...

Hi-larious!

Hey, pretty: I totally full-on name-checked you on my blog, but I don't think you'll be too mad.

LOVE! Move to NYC!

8:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home