Sunday, April 29, 2007

5:55

iTunes now has Charlotte Gainsbourg's 5:55 (with BONUS TRACKS) available for download. I've been listening to it for a month, and I'm in love - buy it. Believe it. Live it.
But only if you want to.
Reason # 7,433 that I love the internet: this. And this. And this.
Ever since reading an excerpt in early college, I've looked for a copy of the complete Pepys' Diaries that cost less than $200.00. Never did. But now the internet is doing it for me - for free! In a blog! And it will only take around 8 years to complete! Seriously, though, I can't complain. I can read a couple of blog entries a day, but making it through a multiple-volume set of diaries by a mid-1600's Englishman seems kind of difficult. It would probably take me 8 years to get through, anyway.
One more thing... in case anyone out there was wondering, saving money is hard. I have made a resolution of sorts to stop buying crap, pay a few bills, and maybe save to do the traveling I'm always dreaming about. But it's not easy. In the past few years, I haven't exactly thought of myself as a spendthrift, but come on... there are Flaming Lips albums to buy, and a Diana Vreeland autobiography I've wanted to order. This is going to take strength, I can tell. I need a snack. I think I'll tear into that tangerine I've been thinking about all day, then go to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home